tiistai 25. heinäkuuta 2017

Black and white

Still playing with the moodboard at Our Mixed Media Moods, this time I took my inspiration from the fourth picture in the first row: fabrics, crosses and black, white + kraft. Since my project fits several other challenges, I'm also linking to the Designs by Ryn customer creations challenge, the Paperartsy challenge (from light to dark, contrasts, layers) and the Country View challenge (Things With Wings). All the links are at the end of this post!


I started with a couple of pieces of linen and stamped my images: the pink stamps are from VivaLasVegaStamps and the moth is from Designs By Ryn. Apart from these, I used a layer of white vellum to break the contrast between the kraft and the linen (and because otherwise the kraft would have shown through the linen. All the layers were sewn on a kraft card base.


I wasn't planning to do anything complicated, but ended up stitching the moth (and the crosses) with black DMC... it's probably as close to embossing as possible on fabric, and really gives a good contrast against the white. I do think they turned out quite cool, even though embroidery really isn't my cup of tea :) The chippies are star confetti from Umwow Studio, and besides having lovely varied shapes also had the perfect dark kraft colour. I just glued them down and was done!

maanantai 24. heinäkuuta 2017


Take 3 for the challenge at Our Mixed Media Moods. Check the lovely moodboard here:

Inspired by the third picture, I created this simple card.


I used stuff I've had lying around for ages, a couple of gelliprints made by smooching acrylic paints with my fingers, sprinkling "Sunset Beach" Infusions and spritzing with water (all on a 3x5 gelli plate). The sentiment is from a Paperartsy stamp set and has been heat embossed. I made a bunch of those for a project last summer, and still have a few to go!


I cut the prints into approx 1 inch squares. I don't have a punch for that, I used my craft knife and the squares were not precise... which made it easy to adhere them: I just eyeballed them in place, aiming for a bit of a wonky look.


One closeup to show the texture a gelliprint can have, when there has been "too much" acrylic paint... I love how the Infusion granules can also be seen:)


sunnuntai 23. heinäkuuta 2017


I have glitter-stuff, but I don't usually use it. The rasberry-image on the moodboard at Our mixed media moods somehow made me think about sequins, and here is the result:


Find the moodboard and all the other entries here:

I simply cut a square from a double-sided sticky sheet and sprinkled on some sequins, small hexacon stuff, Wow Sparkles (Prom Queen) and some white glitter. I started with the bigger pieces and continued toward the smaller stuff. Quite a mess... the hexagon bits were worst, because they seem to cling to everything! The die-cut is from Lawn Fawn. I wasn't sure the glue on the foampads would adhere to the glitters, so I added a dot of PVA glue to each foam pad and squished the cut in place.


And one more closeup. Whoever gets this, will certainly have a bunch of glitter all over herself as soon as she takes it out of the envelope :)


lauantai 22. heinäkuuta 2017

Just Green

Our Mixed Media Moods is celebrating it's first full year with an awesome mood board and giveaways. I'm planning to see how many of the mood board images I might have time to be inspired by! Here's the moodboard. I started at the top left with the green thread. Entries by other people and linkups to inspirational videos can be found behind the following link: 

And this is what I started with: cleaning previous clutters from my desk and searching my stash for stuff in the mood board colours...

After pondering different options, I decided to go for a very lightweight CAS look.  I'm feeling a bit awkward about not having any stamps and splatters here, but of course I'm glad about using stuff I never used before. My mom dumped those reeds on my craft table about half a year ago. I guess the bundle is supposed to smell of lavender, but doesn't any longer :) I just cut a pinch of the straws in two and sewed them on a 6x6 card base. Easypeasy!

torstai 20. heinäkuuta 2017


I have been knitting a lot for the past half-a-year, and really not crafting very much. So just to get me going, I had to pick out some challenges... and Paperartsy always has interesting topics :) This was quite an easy one, Aqua, and I took my inspiration from the challenge post = simply the beautiful colour and the fact that I had a suitable starting point in my junk drawer.

Here's the link to the challenge:

I started with a piece of glossy card coloured with alcohol inks. No idea how long it has been lying around! I stamped with Ellen Vargo stamps, embossed with Wow embossing glitters, used some texture paste and splattered paint. The sentiment is from an Emma Godfrey set. This closeup is trying to show of the shimmer of the embossing glitters. I used "Under The Sea" with Versafine ink and "Sparkling Snow" on the texture paste.