maanantai 26. joulukuuta 2016

Dreaming of a white Christmas

Here are my Christmas cards for this year. I'm posting them for the Country View December challenge (Christmas) and the WOW embossing powders challenge (winter, links in the comments). I wanted to do mixed media and use some scraps... and the results are quite cool, though my husband said they look like wedding invitations!

the joy of their children
I layered down book pages, off white cotton fabric. Sewed around them and added white texture paste (Aleene's glitter snow), heat embossing and a small sentiment. Each card is different, because the sentiments are all cut from the book pages. The book has nothing to do with Christmas, and I was surprised how many suitable sentiments I was able to find. Most of the sentiments got some white behind them to stabilize the layers.

above all trails
at a very slow pace


rejoicing hearts
the glimmer of thousands of lights being lit
in halls of stars
full of smile, satisfied
the faraway tinkle of bells
life and time rejoiced











2 kommenttia:

  1. Certainly a different Christmas colour scheme! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Beautiful Christmas cards!!! The stencilling looks great on your natural tone fabric! I also love the interesting combination the cotton and the book page! Thank you for joining the December Challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!

    VastaaPoista