sunnuntai 4. lokakuuta 2015

Across the sea

I'm posting this card for the Craft Barn weekly challenge (Sea) and at the same time for the Unruly Paper Arts Readers Art Quest (Nautical).


I made the background using pigment powders, blue Bister and turqoise Brusho on watercolour paper. The stamp is from Rubber Dance, a sheet called Rock Carvings... this is a real image from ancient carvings in Norway. I find it amusing, that those guys don't seem to be concentrating much on sailing their ship :) The sentiment is one I found browsing the web. I mounted the panel on a copper card base (4x8), for which I happen to have petroleum blue envelopes. I used a swirly stamp and added heat embossing on the envelope. I've been wanting to do a page in my art journal using these elements, but time is short, so that will have to wait!

A silly view, but it shows off the envelope!


7 kommenttia:

  1. Oh this is so cool. I love all the fun ways you are using this gorgeous set of stamps. Hugz

    VastaaPoista
  2. Love that image, beautiful Kristiina! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    VastaaPoista
  3. Gorgeous!!! I love tha background you made, it's sure looks like a wild sea of waves!
    Tank you so much for making this card with my rock carving rubber stamp boat!
    ♥♥♥

    VastaaPoista
  4. Gorgeous!!! I love tha background you made, it's sure looks like a wild sea of waves!
    Tank you so much for making this card with my rock carving rubber stamp boat!
    ♥♥♥

    VastaaPoista
  5. Thanks for joining us at Unruly PaperArts! Love the background you painted. Wonderful card!!

    VastaaPoista
  6. Love the watercoloring effect.... beautiful colors ! Thank you for creating with us at Unruly Paper Arts

    VastaaPoista
  7. I am loving the image but more especially the wonderful quote. Great Card and thanks so much for joining us for our Nautical themed Challenge at Unruly PaperArts this month. Danie xx

    VastaaPoista