torstai 14. toukokuuta 2015

Bloom where you are planted

I'm starting to panic with May hurling forward, work interfering with my crafty endeavours and so many projects I want to get done! Here is my first post for the Craft Barn May calendar (Magenta and Flowers). Can't help posting this for the Rubberdance May challenge too, since their prompts are yellow, magenta and purple with an optional theme of flowers :) This scrapbook style calendar will be a flip one, so the May calendar grid will go behind the June page, can't do it yet!


After choosing the background card and punching the holes I started by drawing the April calendar grid behind this. Posted a pic of that here. The image is from Rubberdance, the lovely cherry tree stencil from Imagination Crafts and the bitsy little flowers from KarenMarieklip. I hate doing irreversible things, so I really had to force myself to mess Grungepaste with FF Bougainvilla paint and get the background under way (It lay on my desk several days :) I've seen this sentiment as a stamp in several brands, but don't have it in my stash, so had to build it with alphabet stamps and a typewriter.

For some reason the purple doesn't really show in these pictures, but it is there on the girls dress and around edges!

Update: here is the page together with the May calendar grid:


The previous pages of this calendar can be found here:

April 


10 kommenttia:

  1. A very beautiful calendar page, I really love the image and the cherry tree and it's easy to see the purple when one knows where it is :o))

    VastaaPoista
  2. That cherry tree stencil works wonderfully with the Rubber Dance Stamp Kristiina! Your page is lovely. Thank you for playing along with us over at Rubber Dance X

    VastaaPoista
  3. Gorgeous, Kristiina! The elements fit perfectly together. Thank you for entering it to our May challenge!

    VastaaPoista
  4. A lovely page. I like the way you have balanced it off centre.

    VastaaPoista
  5. Wow, so different from the other pages, absolutely lovely! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    VastaaPoista
  6. Beautiful! Thanks for joining our challenge over at Rubber Dance! Hugs, Susanne.

    VastaaPoista