sunnuntai 8. maaliskuuta 2015

Spring crocuses

The Chocolate Baroque colour challenge asks for purple, blue, yellow and orange. If i were to choose a single flower that fits into that colour scheme, it would be the crocus... So I made this rather CAS bookmark. The CB colour challenge allows neutrals and skin tones, so I have interpreted green as the "skin tone" of plants, they really can't do without it!


I used a Stix2 blank bookmark, stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossed it. The flowers were coloured with Inktense pencils and water. I started thinking bookmarks like this would be fun to give instead of easter cards (in Finland spring comes so late that crocuses bloom at Easter) but I ended up testing how the bookmark would bend itself around the roll of a typewriter (just got my hands on one last Friday). I like this text, because the only religious part of it is the quote to the verse... I have no idea what the English translation says, but the Finnish version is approximately "our inner human is renewed day by day" and that is so true, especially during the spring season.


2 kommenttia:

  1. A lovely bookmark Kristiina, and what a great idea to give these instead of Easter cards. Thanks for another entry into the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

    VastaaPoista
  2. Beautiful CAS style bookmark, it will be a lovely gift. Thanks for joining us at Chocolate Baroque's challenge, Shirleyxx

    VastaaPoista