I started with a couple of pieces of linen and stamped my images: the pink stamps are from VivaLasVegaStamps and the moth is from Designs By Ryn. Apart from these, I used a layer of white vellum to break the contrast between the kraft and the linen (and because otherwise the kraft would have shown through the linen. All the layers were sewn on a kraft card base.
I wasn't planning to do anything complicated, but ended up stitching the moth (and the crosses) with black DMC... it's probably as close to embossing as possible on fabric, and really gives a good contrast against the white. I do think they turned out quite cool, even though embroidery really isn't my cup of tea :) The chippies are star confetti from Umwow Studio, and besides having lovely varied shapes also had the perfect dark kraft colour. I just glued them down and was done!